WHY BRIDGING THE "BEST" OF ASIA AND AFRICA?
In 2000 in Malaysia, the UNDP made an important statement that would inspire and guide the founders of AsiAfrica Foundation: “There is a need to create an Asia-Africa Foundation, a non-profit, non-governmental and neutral organization that would play a key role in raising funds, promoting activities and facilitating cooperation between Asia and Africa”.
Five years later, in 2005, African and Asian heads of the states gathered in Indonesia to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the first Bandung conference in 1955.
Their final declaration was: “To this end, we hereby declare, as an expression of our new political will, the establishment of a New Asian-African Strategic Partnership (NAASP) as a framework to build a bridge between Asia and Africa covering three broad areas of partnership, namely political solidarity, economic cooperation, and socio-cultural relations.”
This "Bridge" between Asia and Africa is and important, meaningful and powerful concept
Ocean Tower 1, 14th Floor,
170/42 New Ratchadapisek Road,Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand
+66(0)2 261 3138 | 06 2117 1009
HOW TO BRIDGE THE BEST?
In its endeavor to "Bridge the Best of Asia and Africa", Asia-Africa Foundation's first priority has been to identify policies, sectors and areas of activities that have played positive or game-changing role for sustainable development, especially in Asia. Bridging the best is also about identifying needs and addressing them with various activities and projects in Africa and Asia.
Such activities and project will promote:
- Greater mutual cross-cultural awareness
- Understanding and exchange between people of Asia and Africa
- Education in science and technology
- Skill building building in activities such as food processing / construction / small business / shoe making and repair / cooking/ sustainable economy etc.
- South- south cooperation
- Sharing businesses opportunities and trade facilitation
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Fields and study visits to learn from the best practices in Asia and Africa
- Art, tradition, culture, heritage, music and dance
- Sports and martial arts
Use the form below to contact us if you are interested in one of our project or for any suggestion and business request. . You may also email or call us to make an appointment.
For job opportunities, please email us your resume and cover letter. We’re always looking for new and exceptional talent to lead the Foundation into uncharted fields of practice.